PARDON OUR DUST
Your Visit to Navy Pier During Renovation
Navy Pier is currently in the midst of an important project that will reimagine it into a bolder, greener and more contemporary urban space for decades to come.
Here are some things you can expect if you plan to visit Navy Pier in the weeks ahead:
- A temporary walkway through the West parking garage bypassing current renovation takes you from the Family Pavilion on the west end to Chicago Shakespeare Theater where you are routed back inside the Pier to access restaurants, attractions, Festival Hall and the Grand Ballroom located on Navy Pier’s East End.
- Navy Pier Guest Services staff are located inside the main entrance to Navy Pier, at parking garage door #1 and between the Chicago Shakespeare Theater and Haagen Dazs at garage door #5. They can help orient you to the Pier and answer your questions.
- All pedestrians can walk the south dock of Navy Pier from west to east to access outdoor restaurant seating areas, Ferris Wheel and amusement rides in Pier Park, Cirque Shanghai: Warriors playing at Pepsi® Skyline Stage and dining and sightseeing cruise boats.
- There are three outdoor staircases on the south dock that will lead you to the Ferris Wheel and amusement rides in Pier Park as well as Cirque Shanghai: Warriors at the Pepsi(r) Skyline Stage:
- staircase just east of McDonalds, next to Margaritaville Bar & Grill;
- center staircase across from Seadog speedboat ride;
- staircase outside of Haagen Dazs, across from the Cirque Shanghai ticket booth.
- For wheelchair access to Cirque Shanghai: Warriors at Pepsi® Skyline Stage, elevators are available indoors between Chicago Shakespeare Theater and Haagen Dazs.
- For wheelchair access to Ferris Wheel and amusement rides in Pier Park, elevators are available inside at the Family Pavilion by the women’s restroom. The elevators will take you into Crystal Gardens and then out into Pier Park.
- Tickets to Cirque Shanghai: Warriors, Ferris Wheel and outdoor amusement rides including Wave Swinger, Carousel, The Links Mini Golf and Light Tower Ride can be purchased from the Cirque Shanghai ticket booth located on south dock, just outside Haagen Dazs.
- Dining cruise boats Spirit of Chicago and Odyssey and speedboat Seadog can be accessed from the outside on south dock or inside through the temporary walkway in the West Garage. Follow signs that direct you from the walkway out onto the dock on the south side of the Pier.
- Shoreline Sightseeing and its ticket booth is located just a few steps down the entrance to Navy Pier’s south dock.
- For bike and quadcycle rentals, visit Bike & Roll Chicago in Polk Bros Park, just in front of Navy Pier’s main entrance.
- When driving to Navy Pier follow signs on Illinois Street to turn left (north) on Streeter Drive as you approach Polk Bros Park and then right (east) on Grand to access the parking garages. All taxis and buses will turn right (south) at the approach to Polk Bros Park and then into the access lanes that circle in front of the main entrance.
Navy Pier will continue with normal operating hours found here throughout this process and select full-service restaurants, boats and theaters will keep extended hours as their event schedules dictate. The West and East indoor parking garages located on Navy Pier are open and easily accessible from Illinois Street and Lake Shore Drive. For a route map to the parking garages and traffic flow click here.
For more information regarding all Navy Pier renovations please visit our reimagination homepage here.